UPDATE 09.12.20: We have been in communication with NCC’s Public Health Team as we have had notification that a student has tested positive for COVID-19.
We have a rigorous system of controls in place in school, including students operating in 'bubbles' in their year group zones, enhanced hygiene measures and the use of face coverings for Staff & KS3 Pupils moving around the building.
We will be working closely with the Public Health Team moving forwards. We have been able to effectively identify the close contacts with the students, and those parents/carers have been contacted. Those pupils will now be isolating at home and accessing their work via the school VLE.
Students who have not been contacted directly by school with instructions to isolate do not need to make any change to their usual routine, including school attendance.
For your information, a contact is defined as any person who, during the infectious period, has had any of the following exposures:
- a person who lives with or spends significant time in the same household as a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Having direct face-to-face contact or direct physical contact with a confirmed case for any length of time
- Being less than 1m from a confirmed case for 1 minute or longer
- Being less than 2m from a confirmed case for more than 15 mins
- Travelling in a small vehicle with a confirmed case
Unfortunately, as we progress through the coming weeks it is likely that we will see more cases such as this. We will continue to follow our Covid-19 Protocol in school to support keeping our children and staff as safe as possible.
If your child tests positive, you should contact school, emailing email@example.com This includes evening and weekend contact.
Thank you for your continued support and take care.
D J Waugh
Principal of Gosforth Junior High Academy