GOSFORTH JUNIOR HIGH ACADEMY
Regent Avenue, Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EE
Coordinator of Learning Support (SENCO and EAL)
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR/UPR with TLR2 £4783
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
The school population is richly diverse and comprehensive; we require a skilled and committed teacher to deliver and coordinate provision for pupils with special educational needs and English as an additional language, from year 5 to year 8, within our dedicated and well-resourced student support base. This role involves working with individual pupils and small groups, as well as standard classes, and requires the development of literacy and numeracy. It will also involve intervention and providing appropriate support arrangements for pupils.
- An ability to lead on key aspects of SEN provision across the school
- A person with an excellent understanding of current SEN legislation and best practice and its delivery throughout the curriculum
- Excellent organisational skills
- Consistently high expectations of pupils
- An excellent communicator
- Well-developed ICT skills and an ability to work with specialist software
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
- The prospect of working with highly-skilled professionals
- Excellent facilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to Professional Development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
This is an opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.juniorhighacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am Friday 14th May 2021