UPDATE 14.07.21: We have been in communication with NCC’s Public Health Team as we have had notification of a positive case of COVID-19.
We have a rigorous system of controls in place in school, including students operating in 'bubbles' in their year group zones, enhanced hygiene measures and the use of face coverings for Staff & KS3 Pupils.
We will be working closely with the Public Health Team moving forwards. We have been able to effectively identify the close contacts with the students, and those parents/carers have been contacted. Those pupils will now be isolating at home and accessing their work via the school VLE.
Students who have not been contacted directly by school with instructions to isolate do not need to make any change to their usual routine, including school attendance.
For your information, a contact is defined as any person who, during the infectious period, has had any of the following exposures:
- anyone who lives in the same household as another person who has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- anyone who has had any of the following types of contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
- face-to-face contact including being coughed on or having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
- been within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
- been within 2 metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact, or added up together over one day)
A person may also be a close contact if they have travelled in the same vehicle or plane as a case.
Unfortunately, as we progress through the coming weeks it is likely that we will see more cases such as this. We will continue to follow our Covid-19 Protocol in school to support keeping our children and staff as safe as possible.
If your child tests positive, you should contact school, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org This includes evening and weekend contact.
Thank you for your continued support and take care.
D J Waugh
Principal of Gosforth Junior High Academy