You will be aware that Ofsted inspected our school in November 2023.
We are delighted to announce that Ofsted rated our school as 'Good'. Ofsted's new framework is more demanding than the previous one therefore we are very pleased to have been graded as 'Good' across all categories.
Our children did a wonderful job of being school ambassadors during the inspection. They spoke confidently and honestly to the inspectors when asked questions about their own experiences and we are incredibly proud of them.
Below are some of the highlights from the report:
- Gosforth Junior High Academy is a welcoming, friendly and inclusive school.
- Strong relationships between all members of the school community benefit everyone, creating a supportive and aspirational environment.
- Pupils feel safe. Pupils feel listened to and know that adults take any concerns seriously.
- The school has high expectations for what pupils, including pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), can achieve academically.
- The school also has high expectations of pupils' behaviour, and these expectations are realised. Pupils are polite and courteous. Pupils' behaviour is exceptionally good.
- Pupils are engaged in their learning and curious to learn more. They are attentive and keen to contribute.
- Pupils have a range of opportunities to extend their interests and talents after school, such as choir, debate and chess clubs. Pupils participate in numerous residential trips as well as visiting local sites.
- The school has high ambitions and expectations of all pupils. They have considered the crucial knowledge that pupils must learn and sequenced this logically throughout the curriculum. This means pupils deepen their knowledge.
- Staff enjoy working at the school. They feel valued by leaders and well-supported.
The report also provides valuable feedback on how we can further improve - areas which we had already identified in our School Development Plan.
I would like to thank our whole school community, including our children, staff and parents/carers, for their continued support.
Denise Waugh, Principal.