• Enable children to retain and apply this essential knowledge
Build upon prior knowledge to maximise the progress made by all children.
• Inspire children to become life-long learners.
• Create a culture of high aspiration through challenging content and therefore pride in achievement.
• Promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children, including fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
• Provide opportunities for developing self-confidence, self-awareness, independence, creativity, respect and resilience in children.
• Promote knowledge and understanding of how children can keep themselves safe and healthy.
• Develop children’s numeracy, literacy and oracy, including the sustained expansion of their vocabulary.
• Promote reading as a life skill and enable our children to become life-long readers.