Teacher of PE
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR £25,714-£36.961
*Due to a genuine occupational requirement this role is open to male candidates only*
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Great Park Academy and Callerton Academy.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an enthusiastic and versatile teacher of PE to join our successful PE teaching and learning team. You will be required to teach PE across key stages 2 and 3.
Physical Education is a popular subject in the Academy and enjoys a reputation for excellence in a range of sporting activities including significant success at all levels. You will teach a wide range of activities with excellent skills to develop further within an experienced and dynamic department.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner with a passion for PE
- The ability to teach KS2 and KS3 PE
- An unstinting commitment to extra-curricular activities
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across KS2 and KS3
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- State of the art sport facilities
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you. We would welcome applications from ECTs wishing to develop their career with the support of our well established development programme.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to email@example.com or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website juniorhighacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 9:00am on Friday 8th July 2022