Teacher of English/Humanities
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Fixed term until 31st August 2022.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking an organised, enthusiastic and skilful teacher of English and Humanities to join an exciting phase in the Academy’s development. We are a richly diverse, vibrant school described by Ofsted as a ‘provider of excellence in the Gosforth community’ with a ‘climate of endeavour and enjoyment’ (Ofsted, 2015).
The post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for English and Humanities and a clear understanding of the KS3 curriculums
- A proven track record of excellent achievement at KS3
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for pupils of all abilities
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- A new building with excellent facilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Visit our website www.juniorhighacademy.org.uk.
Completed application forms to be returned to Ms Denise Waugh, Principal, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 9.00am Friday 25th June 2021.