You will be required to supervise classes during the absence of the class teacher and will be expected to work with and supervise small groups of students under the guidance of senior staff to help them catch up with missed work or prepare for external exams. This will include supporting the work of the subject team, implementing work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
As a significant amount of time will be to support in the Mathematics department, it would be useful for candidates to hold a higher level Maths qualification. This would make an ideal opportunity for a recently qualified Maths graduate who is considering a career in teaching.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance, giving you greater flexibility and frequency in holiday time
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your application to email@example.com .