GOSFORTH JUNIOR HIGH ACADEMY
Regent Avenue, Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EE
Leader of Teaching and Learning in Maths
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR/UPR with TLR2 £7017
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking an outstanding, inspiring and highly organised Leader of Teaching and Learning in Maths. An ideal candidate will have the skills to lead on pupil progression, curriculum developments and teaching and learning in Maths .
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment.
- A passion for teaching and education;
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in the teaching and learning of Maths
- An ability to lead, manage and develop the provision of programmes and activities that enable pupils to achieve excellence;
- The ability to lead and develop colleagues;
- An ability to foster a supportive team environment;
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school;
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals;
- A modern new building that provides excellent science facilities;
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development;
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com Alternatively visit our website www.juniorhighacademy.org.uk .
Completed application forms to be returned to Ms Denise Waugh and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 12th May 2021