Teacher of MFL
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Great Park Academy and Callerton Academy.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled teacher of MFL to join a very successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. The successful candidate will be required to teach MFL across key stages 2 and 3.
The successful candidate will be able to teach Spanish up to KS2 and French up to KS3 standard. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you can deliver a high quality, lively curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students we would like to hear from you.
What we need:
- A passion for languages
- The ability to teach French/Spanish up to Key stage 3
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A keen interest in development and sharing of effective teaching and learning strategies in MFL
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you. We would welcome applications from ECTs wishing to develop their career with the support of our well established development programme.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website juniorhighacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 9:00am on Wednesday 25th May 2022
Interviews to take place Friday 27th May 2022