Teacher of English/Humanities
Start date: September 2023 (or sooner if possible)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Required from September 2023 (or sooner if possible), Gosforth Junior High Academy is seeking a highly motivated and inspirational English and humanities teacher. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven teacher with experience of teaching English and humanities at KS3. As a teacher at GJHA, you will take on a key role within our school community and must therefore model high levels of professionalism, whilst being able to develop strong working relationships with staff and students.
The post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for English and humanities and a clear understanding of the KS3 curriculums
- A proven track record of excellent achievement at KS3
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for pupils of all abilities
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of a gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Fofllowing the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbused reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance. If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email email@example.com. Alternatively, visit our website https://www.juniorhighacademy.org.uk for further details and an application form.
Completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 9am Wednesday 12th April 2023