Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Full Time 37 hours per week, Term-Time Only
Contract term: Fixed Term – 21st July 2023
Salary: N4 - £18,421 - £19,448 pro-rata
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Required as soon as possible, Gosforth Junior High Academy is seeking to appoint a technician to support in Science, DT and Art. You must have experience as a technician in a laboratory, preferably within an education environment, as the main focus of this role will be to support science lessons and other practical subjects, including technology and art.
- Someone with experience as a science technician
- Someone comfortable and with experience of working in a school environment
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to undertake other duties as required
- An ability to be an effective team player
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of a gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Following the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbursed reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance. If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit our website https://www.juniorhighacademy.org.uk for further details and an application form.
Completed application forms to be returned to email@example.com.
Closing date is 9am Tuesday 11th April 2023.